Want to follow the CRDC’s work online? Join the group, support our cause, or become a fan! Here are just a few of the ways you can get involved.
Also, you can now follow some of our member’s blogs online.
- Marc Gopin’s blog — http://www.marcgopin.com
- Aziz Abu Sarah’s blog for 972 magazine – http://972mag.com/author/azizs/
- Aziz Abu Sarah’s personal blog — http://azizabusarah.wordpress.com/
The CRDC is aware of many other individuals and organizations who are doing excellent work in the areas of religion, conflict, and diplomacy. This is a list of a few of those sources where you can find information and initiatives involving conflict resolution.
Contents (click to jump to that section):
1. CRDC Staff and Affiliates
2. Organizations Working in Religion and Conflict
3. Conflict or Country-Specific Organizations
4. Research Centers
5. Resources for Interfaith Dialogue
6. Resources for Learning about the World’s
Religions and Religious Traditions
7. Other Recommended Sites
CRDC Staff, Affiliates, and Partner Sites
- MarcGopin.com is a blog source for positive, alternative analysis of current events related to conflict resolution, overseen by the CRDC’s Director Dr. Marc Gopin.
- Hind Kabawat has a website for her articles and work as a Senior Research Associate at the CRDC.
- Aziz Abu Sarah has a blog featuring his work as CRDC’s Co-Executive Director. The blog focuses on information relating to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and other issues specifically related to the Middle East.
- Aziz also blogs for 972 Magazine, which is an online magazine published in English with independent reporting from Israel and Palestine
- Kobi Skolnick and Aziz Abu Sarah have a blog featuring their latest articles and analyzes together as Palestinian and Israeli partners for peace and individually.
Organizations Working in Religion and Conflict
- World Conference of Religions for Peace has a Women of Faith Transforming Conflict: A Multi-Religious Training Manual, available for download as a pdf here.
- Abraham’s Vision
- Everyday Ghandis
- Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Center For Reduction of Religious-Based Conflict
- The World Council of Religious Leaders
- Worldwide Forgiveness Alliance Home Page
- Seiple’s Institute for Global Engagement
- A Different Future
- Institute on Religion and Policy
- International Center for Religion and Diplomacy
- The Pluralism Project
- Religions in Renewal: Global Dialogue
- Committee of Religious Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) at the United Nations
- The Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
- The World Council of Churches
- The Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education offers resources and educational opportunities to independent schools for state-of-the-art programs in moral development, ethical leadership, growth of the spirit, and instruction about our world’s religious traditions.
- GlobalPeaceWorks brings people of diverse spiritual traditions together for cooperative, charitable service projects.
- The Harmony Institute explores and promotes the common core teachings of all the religions.
- Interfaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington
- International Council of Christians and Jews serves as the umbrella organisation of 38 national Jewish-Christian dialogue organisations world-wide.
- Jewish-Christian Relations is devoted to fostering mutual respect and understanding between Christians and Jews around the world.
- North American Interfaith Network is a non-profit association of interfaith organizations and agencies in Canada, Mexico and the United States.
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- Ecumene.org dedicated to buiding bridges between diverse faiths and ideologies
- Religions in Renewal is a site to link members of groups within the major established religions or ideologies who are seeking respectfully and gradually to reform their traditions from within while remaining loyal to the spirit of their path.
- Institute on Religion and Public Policy
- International Center for Religion and Diplomacy
Conflict or Country-Specific Organizations
- The Sulha Peace Project. Sulha is an indigenous, Middle Eastern way of reconciliation.
- The Interreligious Coordinating Council in Israel (ICCI) is an umbrella organization of over 70 Jewish, Muslim and Christian institutions actively working towards interreligious and intercultural understanding in Israel and the region.
- The Jordanian Interfaith Coexistence Research Center
- Restoration Ministries (Nothern Ireland)
- The Centre for Contemporary Christianity in Ireland “Thinking Biblically, Building Peace” (formerly known as ECONI–Evangelical Contribution on Northern Ireland)
- The Corrymeela Community (Northern Ireland)
- Just Vision: Project that covers peacemakers in Israel/Palestine
- The Interfaith Encounter Association (Middle East)
- Interfaith Voices for Peace and Justice has a directory of over 700 organizations actively seeking peace and justice
- The Life and Peace Institute , based in Sweden, is an international and ecumenical centre of research on and action for peace and justice.
- Jordan’s Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies (RIIFS) provides a venue in the Arab world for the interdisciplinary study and rational discussion of religion and religious issues, with particular reference to Christianity in Arab and Islamic society.
- European Project for Interreligious Learning focuses on Christian-Muslim relations and on the contribution that women can make to a climate of social and religious peace. It is a ‘roaming college’, and takes place in five locations: Zurich, Barcelona, Berlin, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Beirut.
- Operation Understanding DC (Washington DC)
- The Rumi Forum (Washington DC), whose mission is to foster interfaith and intercultural dialogue and to provide a platform for education and information exchange
- The Kroc Institute at Notre Dame University
- Center for Justice and Peacebuilding at Eastern Mennonite University
- Center for the Study of Islam & Democracy (CSID), Washington, DC
- Council for Research in Philosophy and Values
- The Institute for Theology and Peace, a research institution of the Catholic Church
- Centre for the Study of Jewish-Christian Relations at Cambridge University
- Institute for Jewish-Christian Understanding at Muhlenburg College
- Center for the Study of Religion and Conflict at Arizona State University
- Engaging with Religion in Conflict-Prone Settings, part of the Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project, at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- The Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs at Georgetown University
- Interreligious Dialogue resources at the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion
- The Wabash Center has an extensive listing of links and resources relating to interreligious dialogue
- The Cathedral Heritage Foundation (CHF) is a non-profit, inter-religious organization. Its mission is to promote inter-religious understanding and the civic role of the historic Cathedral of the Assumption. They have produced a guide to creating your own Festival of Faiths, available here as a Word document.
- Interfaith Youth Core helps thousands of religiously devout young people answer the call to service in their traditions to give back to their communities. IYC’s Director Eboo Patel had an interview on NPR’s This I Believe program. You can listen to it here.
- Guidelines on Dialogue with People of Living Faiths and Ideologies from the World Council of Churches
Resources for Learning about the World’s Religions and Religious Traditions
- BBC page on Religion and Ethics
- BBC Religions A-Z
- The Internet Sacred Text Archive
- Another index of religious and sacred texts online (Note: some links are broken)
- Guide to Internet Sources for teaching and learning in theology and religion from the Wabash Center
- Religious Studies Web Guide at the University of Calgary
- The University of Calgary also has a listed of relevant academic journals, sorted by religion
Other Recommended Sites
- The Compassionate Listening Project
- Initiatives of Change Global Homepage
- Hope in the Cities
- West Africa Center for Peacebuilding
- Jerusalem Stories
- Global PeaceWorks
- The National Cathedral
- Speaking of Faith Radio show from American Public Media has online broadcasts such as:
Truth and Reconciliation
Religious Pluralism, Passion, and the Young
Living Reconciliation: Two Ecumenical Pioneers
Religion and Violence
Violence and Crisis in Islam
Children of Abraham
A perspective on Islam in Iraq
- Interreligious Dialogue
- Online Bibliograpy of Religion, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
- Find Resources by tradition at the Pluralism Project